Tuesday, April 24

PEAR Mail Revisited

I FINALLY got somewhere to relay my mail. (That was the biggest hassle ever. No one wanted to do it because it wasn't "right" due to departmental issues. My issue was that it's for TESTING. What's not right about it, I'll be using it for a month, maybe 2 at most. I don't need an inbox, I don't need anything but a machine to relay my email.) Anyway, I finally got it and then realized my mail function didn't have the "send" part. That's kind of important. I added that to the post about this before too.

I did my mail test function and got errors. It was missing some files. Hmm, that's weird. I got this from PEAR, why would it be missing files. Well, what they fail to inform you when you download mail (either from the website or by doing "pear install mail" from the command line) is that you need to get Net_SMTP and Net_Socket as well. Once you've got those files, it's probably just easiest to put them in the locations they want. That means the file tree will be like:

Mail -
mail.php
null.php
RFC822.php
sendmail.php
smtp.php
Net -
SMTP.php
Net -
Socket.php

No comments: