Saturday, April 14

What a WIMP!

Oops, forgot to post something yesterday. I'll try to put up something later today, but in the mean time, a random observation.

We've all heard of a LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) server... well, I'm not sure if this term has been highly spread around, but I'm running a WIMP!!! (Windows IIS MySQL PHP)

In case anyone wonders, I did not get to choose the webserver and if I had a choice, I would never use Windows as a webserver again. I've had experience with both now, and as far as I can tell, you're better off running a LAMP than a WIMP. Even a WAMP isn't so good as Apache has no real advantages on a Windows box over IIS. Actually, it's probably worse. There are a lot less things you can do since it's not Microsoft integrated software.

Just my 2c...

No comments: