Tuesday, May 15

PEAR Templates

I recently discovered the place I work for has made their website templates as a PEAR extension. Very cool. I've been in the process of converting my pages. It's nice to work with because, for example, the standard no content template is a whopping 105 lines long. That's really long! The PEAR templates can do the same thing in 6 lines. I've reduced some of my pages from over 300 lines to less than 100. They still look the same and there's all those lines if you view the source on the page, but it's much much easier to work with this way. There's still some bugs, but they're working on that (hopefully).

So, I know this helps no one out there, it's just opinion. I would like to say that I've found the PEAR modules I've used mostly to be helpful (once I figured out how to use them).

No comments: