Friday, May 22

Speed Site Design

Today was a practice in speed design. We found out this morning a group needs a site by Wednesday. We have monday off. It needs to go through QA first so today's the day! 


It's almost done. I did mostly content and a coworker did design. We have 3 pages of content, one page of videos (ustream), photo gallery (Simple Image Gallery), a blog (IDoBlog) and a forum (Kunena).

I had some issues with Kunena, but finally figured them out. At first, I was using an old version with Legacy mode turned on. It sucked, but the beta version wouldn't allow me to post announcements. I upgraded anyway cause I was having some user issues. Registration link gave me a 403 error! It took me forever to find it, but finally I realized since I'm just using Joomla's user management, I probably needed to enable registration in the Global Configurations. D'oh!

Since we had a blog and a forum, I learned a bit about Joomla's ACLs. It seems special will give access only to author level or above. Perfect. 

No comments: