Tuesday, May 12

Long Hiatus

So yeah. I actually pretty much forgot about this blog. Then one day, I had to look up something and remembered I'd done it before and "Oh yeah! I made a blog!" Anywho.. I'm back now. I have a new job (after the unceremonious departure from my old job. You know, one of those "oh hey, it's your last day today" "What?! it's 3:30! You couldn't have told me this morning... or yesterday... or TWO WEEKS AGO.") No no, I'm not bitter. Water under the bridge. 


So yes. New job. It's fun. Not as much playing as my old job, but still enjoyable. I'm not all alone! And I'm like, a webmaster. That's it. No server administration. No support. It's like a real job :o oh yeah, AND I have a cubicle. And old hardware/os. Still trying to get a replacement keyboard. This one is gross and the ctrl and shift keys often stick. Ewwww.

We use Joomla. I like and hate it. Sometimes it's hard not having complete freedom over your pages. But it's cool. I can usually figure out ways around it. It's nice having something we can train the secretaries to use. 

I'm working on a big project right now. One thing cool about Joomla is that it (obviously) already has a database, so it's no work to add new tables for, you know, table stuff. I saved myself having to make 200 pages that way. Good thing I got here, or there would have been 200 pages on this site. 

One thing that would be nice would be to either a) be able to put php code into an article page,b) have some freaking syntax highlighting in the Custom Code module or c) be able to include a php file into an article page. I'm ok with any of those options. There are some plugins or modules to do stuff like it, but they either do it poorly or insecurely. 

Ok. Back to work.

No comments: